Simone grew up in Perth attending St Norbert College before moving onto study a Bachelor of Laws at The University of Notre Dame.
After graduating from Notre Dame, Simone crafted her skills in the professional sector, undertaking roles with –
- WorkCover WA – Conciliation & Review Directorate Dispute Resolution Officer
- City of Belmont – Compliance Officer
- QBE Insurance Case Manager – Workers Compensation
- Shine Lawyers Brisbane QLD – PLT Graduate Placement
In 2017 Simone received her Supreme Court of Brisbane QLD Certificate of Admission as an Australian Lawyer.
While these roles gave Simone valuable experience, it is her role as Organ Donation & Transplant Foundation of WA Founder and CEO and extensive work within different charities around Perth that shows her true character. Simone currently has memberships and roles on committees such as
- WA Department of Health Renal Executive Advisory Group
- Donate life WA Organ and Tissue Donation Community Advisory Committee
- International Society of Organ Donation and Procurement Member
Through Simone’s outstanding experience within the professional sector, it is clear helping and working with people in the community is where Simone’s true passion lies. Her impressive list of awards and achievements are as follows –
- Member of the Order of Australia 2013 – AM for long term contribution to the field of Organ and Tissue Donation Advocacy in Australia –
- Lions Club Exemplary Service Award 2008 – Nominated by Victoria Park Lions Club for contribution to the WA community to the field of Organ and Tissue Donation
- Winston Churchill Fellowship 2007 – A fellowship to travel to the US, UK and Spain to study the International Models of Organ and Tissue Donation
- Browns WA Woman of the Year 2007 – In recognition of outstanding achievement as a Western Australian woman
- WA Young Australian of the Year -2006/08 – A national award recognising outstanding achievement in providing voluntary services to the community in the field of organ and tissue donation –
- Prime Ministers Centenary Medal – 2003 – This is an Australian commemorative medal, which marks the achievements of a broad section of the Australian community for contribution to the Organ Donation sector and for making our country and the wider world a better place
- Western Australian Youth Awards Finalist 2002 – In recognition of outstanding achievement as a young West Australian
- Principals Medallion 1999 – St Norbert College
Simone is a vibrant and friendly person who will make sure your case is handled thoroughly and professionally. She is the perfect fit for the A & E Legal team.
The post Meet Simone McMahon, our newest addition to the A & E legal team. appeared first on A & E Legal.